Knee Walkers Rental Program
$200 security deposit $50 per week.
We rent the same kind of knee walkers that are used in health care facilities and residential settings. A knee walker is a mobility device designed to assist patient’s mobility after foot or ankle surgeries. Knee walkers are mainly used by patients recovering from leg surgeries to prevent the injured leg from bearing weight during recovery.
What to Consider When Renting a Knee Walker from Downtown Pharmacy:
• Knee walkers have the following features:
1. Knee walkers resemble kick scooters (not to be confused with mobility scooter) with an adjustable elevated pad to rest your injured leg's knee.
2. Patientsusetheirgoodlegtosteerthekneewalkerandthehandlebartocontrolthe direction of the front wheels.
• Knee walkers are designed to keep your injured leg from bearing weight while still providing for easy mobility. Knee walkers have a weight limit of 300 lbs. Patients should adjust the knee walker's elevated pad to ensure that the injured leg is resting in the proper position and uninjured foot is flat on the floor while standing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a knee walker?
Knee walker is a medical mobility device to assist patient’s mobility after foot or ankle surgeries. A knee walker is an alternative to crutches or a traditional walker as an ambulation aid. Knee walker is mainly used by patients recovering from leg surgeries to prevent the injured leg from bearing weight during recovery. Knee walkers are sometimes referred to as a leg caddy, knee scooter, leg walker, orthopedic scooter, or knee cruiser.
2. Will Medicare or my insurance pay for my knee walker rental?
We will not bill or coordinate benefits for short-term rentals.
3. Will I be charged sales tax?
Knee walkers are exempted from tax.
4. What if something goes wrong with my knee walker?
Downtown Pharmacy checks and tests all knee walker rentals before they go out. We are confident that you won’t have any problems, but if you do, we will repair or replace knee walkers at no cost as soon as possible.
5. What if I want to purchase my knee walker?
Downtown Pharmacy also sells new knee walkers. We offer discount on previously used devices.
Rentals are available to qualified customers only and are subject to availability.
Renter assumes all risks of loss or damage to the property; all rental equipment must be
returned in its original condition.
A security deposit of $200 is required for equipment rentals.
All our knee walkers are sanitized and cleaned before they go out.