We sell following denominations of MetroCards:
Single rides: $9.52, $19.05, $38.10
Unlimited: The 7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard -$30 , 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard- $112 and the 7-Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard- $55.
- Rides are $2.50 each, but if you put $5 or more on your card, you get a 5% bonus.
- This only applies at time of purchase i.e. if you put $3 and then later $3 on your card you do not get the bonus.
- Up to 4 people can ride together on a single Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard.
- If multiple people are riding together on the same MetroCard the first person can swipe the card through the necessary number of times and other riders can walk through the turnstile following them.
- Pay per ride MetroCards are refillable.
Unlimited Ride Fares
- Unlimited ride fares are good for one person to ride the subways and buses as much as they like during a specified window of time.
- Unlimited Ride fares can not be used more than once every 18 minutes. This is designed to prevent fraudulent use of the card by multiple people.
- Subway station agents cannot override the 18 minute rule -- you must wait for the time to expire.
- 1-Day Fun Passes are no longer available.
- 7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCards are $30 and are good until midnight on the 7th day.
- 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCards are $112 and are good until midnight on the 30th day.
- Monthly Metrocards that are lost or stolen and purchased with a credit or ATM card are insured against lost. How to claim a credit for unused days on your lost or stolen MetroCard
How Do I Know How Much Time/Money is Left on My MetroCard?
- When you swipe a Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard through a Subway turnstile, you will see the remaining balance displayed.
- MetroCard Readers are available at Station Booths and in Subway Stations and if you scan your card through, it will display the expiration date for Unlimited Ride fare, as well as the remaining balance on your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard.
Good to Know: Single Ride Tickets
- Single Ride tickets cost $2.75.
- They are available for sale only through MetroCard Vending Machines in Subway stations.
- They can only be purchased using cash.
- They must be used within 2 hours of purchase to ride a Subway or Bus.
- They are valid for one transfer Bus to Bus.